The In-House Senior Services optometrists offer seniors the convenience and comfort of outstanding ocular healthcare in the comfort of their senior living facility. The In-House Optometry Care Team has the extensive experience in geriatric eye care to provide the best possible vision services quickly and efficiently. A comprehensive, on-site eye examination is the cornerstone of our program to maximize functional vision and maintain the resident’s independence.
An In-House affiliated Optician will dispense and fit eyeglasses and provide an eyeglass storage case to the resident. Optometry services not covered by the patient’s insurance provider are available on a fee-for-service basis. The Optician can perform most repairs and adjustments on-site at no cost to the resident, the resident’s family or sponsor, or the facility. When specialized care by an Ophthalmologist is recommended, In-House will write the referral.
Eyeglasses from In-House Senior Services
Patient can choose from up to wide variety of metal or plastic frame styles.
Lenses are ground for each patient’s unique prescription.
Patient receives a protective case with their glasses.
Click here for more information about our Vision Rehabilitation services
Our Services Include
• Visual acuity (How well a person sees at near and far ranges)
• Visual field (Peripheral vision)
• Examination of the eye’s surface and interior structures
• Measure interior eye pressure (Intraocular pressure)
• Refraction (Helps determine what kind of visual correction might be needed)Indications for Care
Indications for Care
• Provided by the In-House Optometry Team
• Diabetes, Glaucoma, Hypertension and/or Cataracts
• Past diagnosis of CVA or TIA’s
• Residents taking Plaquenil or Mevacor
• Headaches, dizziness, blurred or double vision, eye pain
• Red, watery or dry eyes, eye discharge, visual hallucinations
• Frequent stumbling or falling
• Rubbing eyes, abandoning reading or writing
• Decrease in socialization.
"Thanks to Dr. Gould and In-House Senior Services, Great Grandma got all the care she needed right at home"
- DG, Family Member